Thanks for submitting the Query.
We'll response you soon
Health is the paramount of this era, becoming the most important aspect of the world, everything else after it. While the entire humanity is focusing on its wellbeing what becomes vital is anything that is related to health. Every healthcare service being cautiously watched over urges them to make continuous improvement in the sector. The prime area in the healthcare service is the drug and undoubtedly the area has received priority over the centuries for its development. Over the ages, this has been a focus for the medical industry to constantly improvise the drug for the positive result from cancer to cold.
Drug Development is just not about discovering a new product or upgrading a product, but undergoes different stages:
• Researching and discovering a new product through a vision of curing an illness
• Developing that product by conducting clinical / non-clinical research and studies and manufacturing the product, processing various clinical trials
• Regulatory Assessment and approval of the product’s quality and efficiency
• Finally marketing the product in the Industry
In the process of development, taking the decision to produce the appropriate drug is extremely necessary. Therefore clinical trials are conducted by the scientists prior to releasing a drug to the market. Clinical Trial is the process of scientific studies to prove if the drug is not only right for the illness but if it’s appropriate for different groups of people.
They are often conducted in four phases:
Phase I trial is conducted on the small group of people to evaluate the capacity of cure, side effects and to validate the way it must be used
Phase II trial conducts a similar evaluation; however now with more number of people. This can take a prolonged time period
Phase III is when the drug may be tested on a larger group to check the safety and also how efficient the drug is. During this stage the Regulatory Health Authorities will start considering the approval of the drug based on the results of the research and experiment
Phase IV is when after receiving the approval of the Regulatory Health Authorities that the efficacy of the drug is observed on the larger sect.
Since drug development requires constant research and monitoring, it becomes crucial for the data outcome to be secured, even if the information is made visible. Therefore it becomes inevitable to implement blockchain in the process of drug development and clinical trial.
Blockchain not only secures the data; but can also accelerate the drug development and clinical trial process:
• Blockchain has distinctive benefits. The mechanism comprises a distributed digital ledger, where the data is stored and validated which cannot be amended or removed. The relevant information updated by the scientists can validate any new transaction and can be prevented from being manipulated.
• Huge data of the transaction is managed through the blockchain mechanism. The mechanism speeds up the processing of the transaction and helps coordinate even almost infinite devices.
• Through there is transparency, there is no access to the hackers to hamper any data or stop any transaction.
• There is high-level encryption that makes it highly impossible to overwrite any data.
• Every drug can have a unique ID which makes it easier for the maintenance of the data of the drug and also to update any further enhancement of the drug
Every data of the development and the clinical trial is secured through the mechanism, therefore there is the visibility of the process.
The wellness of mankind is a vital part of the world today, development of the drug has to be constantly worked on, and take speedy steps for secure, efficient, trustworthy drugs.